Here, we are providing you the guidelines about how to make the best dry cat food for your cat at home. Sometimes your cat deserves a different treat than those packaged dry cat food, something more tasty, homier. Every now and thana a parent you can easily make dry cat food at home. Making such dry cat food at home with your own hands shows a gesture of your love to him. Also, you will be able to make the food with all the ingredients you like at the same time avoiding the unwanted ones.
Before start making the dry cat food at home you must keep some things in mind.
- Make a balanced diet. While choosing ingredients to make sure all the necessary ingredients are available. Otherwise, it will not be able to fulfill the dietary need of your cat.
- Choose the protein source carefully. Choose the right kind of meat for your cat that is suitable for him. Usually, cats are one of poultry meat. But other than this you can use beef, tuna, salmon etc.
- Add a low amount of carbohydrate as it doesn’t metabolize very well.
- No need to use fruits and vegetables at home. The cats are carnivores, so they have little or no need for fruits and vegetables.
- Make it tasty and nice so the cat is encouraged to eat.
Here is a recipe for a homemade encouraged to eat, which you can modify as per your wish and need.
- Cornmeal – 1 cup
- Whole wheat flour – 3 cups
- Soy flour – 2 cups
- Canned mackerel – 1
- Milk (fatless) – 1 cup
- Vegetable oil – 5 tbsp
- Cod liver oil – 1 tbsp
- Brewer’s yeast – ½ cup
- Water – as needed
How to Make Dry Cat Food:
Take a bowl and mixed all the ingredients except fish and oil. In another bowl mix the fish and oil and mash them well. When mashed properly mix the ingredients of the two bowl together and make a fine dough. Hand rolls the dough with a thickness of ¼ inch. Cut into pieces with a knife. Now, preheat an oven first. Preheat it to 350 degrees. Grease a sheet with oil and put the bits in the oven with the sheet for 20-25 minutes. Keep tossing meanwhile. Then put them out and keep to be cold. After complete cooldown, place them in the refrigerator and reserves them in an airtight box or container.